5.28.2007

Cindy Sheehan Says Good-Bye

Cindy Sheehan says good-bye to her public life in a heartfelt diary entry at DKos titled "Good Riddance Attention Whore".

I am going to take whatever I have left and go home. I am going to go home and be a mother to my surviving children and try to regain some of what I have lost. I will try to maintain and nurture some very positive relationships that I have found in the journey that I was forced into when Casey died and try to repair some of the ones that have fallen apart since I began this single-minded crusade to try and change a paradigm that is now, I am afraid, carved in immovable, unbendable and rigidly mendacious marble.

Camp Casey has served its purpose. It’s for sale. Anyone want to buy five beautiful acres in Crawford , Texas ? I will consider any reasonable offer. I hear George Bush will be moving out soon, too...which makes the property even more valuable.

This is my resignation letter as the "face" of the American anti-war movement. This is not my "Checkers" moment, because I will never give up trying to help people in the world who are harmed by the empire of the good old US of A, but I am finished working in, or outside of this system. This system forcefully resists being helped and eats up the people who try to help it. I am getting out before it totally consumes me or anymore people that I love and the rest of my resources.

Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

It’s up to you now.

She's returning to her family life, and I wish her well. I disagreed with her support of Venezuela and her protests in Crawford. I felt that she was running too hard trying to escape the emotional stress of her loss. I think this is the best move for her and for the anti-war movement. It shouldn't be represented by a single face.

Good luck in your new life, Cindy. And thank you for devoting so much of yourself to spread the message of peace. You showed the world that Americans are not represented by the Dittoheads on Fox News.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home