6.09.2006

Al Kablooie

I guess it's a good thing that Abu Musab Al Zarqawi was killed in Iraq, but what the hell is up with that freaky framed picture of his corpse? I won't link to it here, but it's widely available on nearly every mainstream news site.

Honestly, who decides to have a press conference to announce the death of a major terrorist and says, "Hmmm... This picture needs something. Can somebody go to Wal-Mart and find a nice suitable gold frame for this picture of a dead guy?" Weird...

I wish that this would spark the turning point in Iraq, but I just don't see it happening. The religious sects in Iraq are at each other's throats, with various external groups (like Al Qaeda) adding wood to the fire. I wish I could be more optimistic, but that boat left long ago.

Iraq is a mess, and I think the majority of Americans would just want an honest assessment of the situation, and a realistic projection of where we can go from here. That won't happen with this Adminstration, though. Oh well. At least we got a nice framed picture out of the deal...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home