10.14.2006

Bush Has Been Giving Foley The Shaft For Two Years?

According to a Florida Newspaper Foley felt he had been on the receiving end of Bush's shaft...
Foley wrote to Gov. Bush on Sept. 29, 2004: "Have I done something to offend the White House ... I am always getting the shaft ... they came to ft pierce a few weeks ago and said I was not allowed to attend ... yet joe negron is there ...

In hindsight, this was probably the wrong euphemism for Foley to use.

How much uglier will this get? I don't know, but I was watching Hardball this afternoon. Tony Perkins was a guest of the show. If you aren't familiar with him, then I guess you could say he's another very concerned suburban white guy. And one of his concerns, of course, is homosexuality. I may have misunderstood or misheard Perkin's argument, but at some point he seemed to say that he didn't mind gay people as long as they don't participate in gay activities which includes fighting for equitable union and property rights.

So I hope that the Log Cabin Republicans understand their place in the Extreme Christian Fundamentalist Party. They should send checks to Republican candidates. They should stick up for the President and his crusades. And it's OK for them to exist in a state of celibacy. And that's about it. If not, then they will have to pay the price and get the shaft from Jeb Bush or his monkey brother. And nobody's gay enough to want Bush's shaft...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home