2.12.2004

POLITICS - A Union Between Man and _____

If marriage is supposed to be the union between a man and a woman, then how does polygamy fit into the picture. Who does more damage to the sanctity of marriage? Homosexuals or Mormons?

This has been on my mind since I wrote my last post on the subject. (Apologies to anybody offended by the last paragraph. It was just a bit of humor at the expense of a group of conservatives that I can't stand.) Check out the last word in the second sentence of the proposed amendment:
Neither this Constitution or the constitution of any State, nor state or federal law, shall be construed to require that marital status or the legal incidents thereof be conferred upon unmarried couples or groups.


Is this a subtle shot towards Utah? It seems unlikely, because I doubt that Rove would risk offending a "Red-State" like Utah... I dunno, but this amendment has been carefully parsed by the Conservatives, and they wouldn't leave the word "groups" there for no reason. But what other "groups" are trying to get married to each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home