1.21.2007

Bush's New Tax

In his State of the Union next week, PretzelDunce Bush will propose a tax increase on some people that choose a more expensive health plan from the employer. From Bush's radio program this week:
He said the current system “unwisely encourages workers to choose overly expensive, gold-plated plans,” driving up the overall cost of coverage and care.

I'm one of those people that elected the best health insurance plan that the company offered. It appears that I will exceed Bush's limit on the cost of an individual plan, so I will get hit with a tax.

I can't tell you how disgusted this makes me. I was in a mountain biking accident last year, and walked away with two broken elbows, three broken fingers, and trauma potpourri. I made three trips to the operating table. It required the work of one of Houston's top hand surgeons to restore the (nearly) full ability of my hand. (Fingers are kinda nice to have when you are a software engineer.)

This was my first significant health care experience, and I can only hope that it will be the last. My experience with the health care industry left me depressed, apalled, disgusted, filled with rage, and utterly broken. In addition to the money I pay each week for my health care, I was still left with several thousand dollars in bills that I had to pay. If I had not elected for the best healthcare plan my employer provided, I would have been responsible for several thousand dollars more in bills. And now Bush is going to tax me on it? Screw him. SCREW HIM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home