1.08.2004

GAMES - Deus Ex: Invisible War Review

If you're a Deus Ex fan, check out my ShackReview for Deus Ex: Invisible War.

Link

Excerpt from Conclusion:

Has Ion Storm delivered a sequel that takes the 2000 “Game of the Year” to the next level? In my opinion, not exactly. This sequel takes advantage of the work done in the first game, and it does provide a good 10-20 hours of escapist entertainment. It’s a game that’s as good as most first person adventure games on the market, maybe even better. But after completing DX:IW, I never felt satisfied like I did after completing the original game. I’m not completely disappointed with DX:IW, because it did meet my lowest expectations.

Unfortunately, competing with other standard shooters isn’t enough for the sequel to a “Game Of The Year”. With the delays of HL2 and Doom3, the true sequel to Deus Ex should be the undisputed FPS champion of 2003. Instead, Invisible War seems like a console spin-off in the Deus Ex universe. It’s not a bad game at all, and it’s not a bad way to spend a weekend (or maybe weekday). It just isn’t another GOTY that will suck you in for a month or longer.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home